About FIDE Law, PLC
The firm’s name — FIDE Law — is an acronym for Family-Immigration-Debt-Employment.
FIDE stands for fidelity, confidence, and trust.
FIDE Law was born in July 2014 when attorney Matthew Muggeridge recognized the incredible need for affordable, efficient legal representation across the geographic region. We are a small, friendly, firm serving hundreds of clients throughout the Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. area. We’re a law-firm dedicated to defending your rights and fighting for you and your family. Our fully bilingual staff (Spanish-English) is ready to help and guide you in every step of your case.
We Are Not Your Typical Law Firm
- We offer competitive prices and payment structures, to suit our clients’ special circumstances.
- FIDE Law will take a family-centered, caring, cost-effective, and straightforward approach to your case.
- We have a fully bilingual office.
- At FIDE Law, we have a multidisciplinary practice. We know how immigration law intersects with other areas of the law, e.g., criminal law, family law, employment law. We can advise you on every aspect of your legal situation. If your immigration case requires representation in a family law or criminal law case, we can provide it. No need to go to two or three different lawyers! That saves time and money and helps you fit all the legal pieces of the puzzle together!
- At FIDE Law, we are sensitive to cultural and religious concerns which are important to many of our immigration clients.
Matthew Muggeridge, Attorney
For over a decade Matthew (“Matt”) Muggeridge has represented clients in Virginia and across the country, from traffic offenses to civil rights violations, from general district court all the way to the United States Supreme Court. He graduated from Ave Maria School of Law, in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Matt brings passion and enthusiasm to every case. Matt lives in Fredericksburg with his musician wife and children. He is active in his community and church.
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Paralegal and Practice Manager
Lily has held senior paralegal positions in law firms throughout Virginia for 7 years, with a specialty in immigration practice. She has been a part of the FIDE team for over 3 years. Lily graduated from George Mason University in Criminology, with an associate degree in Psychology. She is fluent in Spanish. She is a paralegal member of A.I.L.A. (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Lily is currently enrolled at Germanna Community College seeking a certificate in Accounting.
Paralegal and Communications Manager
Gladys is the newest member of the FIDE team. She has a background in Business Management with over 5 years of experience in the field. Gladys is the creative mind behind our social media outreach and community involvement. She has an Associates of Applied Science in Business Administration and is currently a student at George Mason University. Gladys is fluent in Spanish.
Talitha is currently a student at Germanna and has been accepted into the Nursing Program. In her spare time Talitha helps the firm with all our front desk and organizational needs. She is a talented singer and theatrical actress.
FIDE Law is a firm that enjoys being an active part of the community. We sponsor and coach local soccer teams for Fredericksburg Parks and Recreation. FIDE is actively involved in helping mothers at Mary’s Shelter, sponsoring mothers and their children go from homelessness to independence. FIDE Law actively supports the Multiple Sclerosis Walk, The Fredericksburg Food Bank, as well as other charities. We are committed to dedicating a percentage of our work to free (pro bono) and affordable (“low bono”) legal representation to worthy causes.